1. Preheat oven 225°F
2. Beat on medium speed 4 egg whites until foamy/frothy.
3. Add in cream of tartar and mix on medium speed until soft peaks form.
4. Add in sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, mix until sugar dissolves and is no longer grainy and mixture forms stiff peaks.
5. Mix in vanilla extract, pinch of salt and food coloring.
6. Pipe or drop bite sized mixture with a spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Optional: Top with sprinkles.
7. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and allow to cool in oven for 1 hour or until cooled completely.