I enjoy doing many things and one of those things is photography! I recently did a Easter photo session for a friend of her kids and they turned out really adorable. Miss Sugar, who is my daughters super sweet and fluffy bunny joined in on the fun. The kids really enjoyed holding and petting her. Here are a few highlights from the day.
In my newest tutorial I show you how I decorated these cute Easter cupcakes! They are the cutest Easter cupcakes that I ever did see with a little bunny bottom and bird nests with the birds and eggs. You will use your favorite cake recipe or cake mix and bake your cupcakes and you can use your favorite frosting recipe too! Below is the frosting recipe that I used on these along with the link to watch the video on how I decorated them.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup all vegetable shortening
8 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 fluid ounces half & half
3 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
1. Cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
3. Add salt, half & half and heavy whipping cream and mix on low speed until moistened.
4. Add additional heavy whipping cream if needed.
5. Beat on high speed until frosting is fluffy.
How adorable are these bird nest cookies? They would be perfect for Easter. They are so cute and they are easy enough (just a bit messy on the hands) to have your kids help with making them! Check out the recipe and video below.
Bird Nest Cookies
1 – 12 oz chocolate chips
1 – 10 oz peanut butter chips
1 – 12 oz chow mein noodles
Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs
Peeps Marshmallow Chicks
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter chips together. Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
2. Stir in chow mein noodles and mix together.
3. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
4. Drop mixture into greased muffin tins and mold into nest shapes. Large muffin tin used for Peeps Marshmallow Chicks and regular sized muffin tin used for smaller bird nests for the eggs.
5. Place in refrigerator for chocolate/peanut butter chips to set.
6. Remove from refrigerator and place mini eggs and Peeps marshmallow chicks on top.