How adorable are these bird nest cookies? They would be perfect for Easter. They are so cute and they are easy enough (just a bit messy on the hands) to have your kids help with making them! Check out the recipe and video below.
Bird Nest Cookies
1 – 12 oz chocolate chips
1 – 10 oz peanut butter chips
1 – 12 oz chow mein noodles
Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs
Peeps Marshmallow Chicks
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter chips together. Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
2. Stir in chow mein noodles and mix together.
3. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
4. Drop mixture into greased muffin tins and mold into nest shapes. Large muffin tin used for Peeps Marshmallow Chicks and regular sized muffin tin used for smaller bird nests for the eggs.
5. Place in refrigerator for chocolate/peanut butter chips to set.
6. Remove from refrigerator and place mini eggs and Peeps marshmallow chicks on top.
My sweet Jasper turned a year old and I did his birthday photos, which you can see in my previous blog post, but we also had a little puppy birthday party for him! His aunt, pup cousin and grandpa came to help celebrate.
I made a few party decorations for him that turned out pretty cute. I made the “Happy Birthday” banner you see in the photos below, colorful pennant banner and paw print napkin rings. Also, I made him his own birthday party hat and I can’t forget about the party balloons. Every birthday party needs party balloons. I should have the birthday banner and a few other matching instant download birthday coordinates in my shop soon. It’s just a matter of getting pictures and getting them uploaded.
I can’t forget to mention that we even had pupcakes to help celebrate the occasion. They have peanut butter, honey and carrots. If you would like to make your fur baby some you can find the recipe below.
Here is Rocky, Jasper’s pup cousin, and he approved of his pupcake!
A photo of the birthday pup with his sister and mom!
I love my fur baby and this picture of us. His puppy dog kisses lets me know he loves me too!
I love this sleepy puppy face so much! He needed a nap after such a busy day!
Pupcake Recipe (Makes 12)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup of shredded carrots
1 large egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 – 8oz low fat cream cheese
1 cup of peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a cupcake/muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners. Place all ingredients into bowl and mix until mixed together. Spoon evenly the mixture into the cupcake liners. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes clean.
Frosting: Place cream cheese and peanut butter into bowl and mix together until mixed together. Place frosting into piping bag with large star tip and pipe on to the pupcakes. Decorate with your dogs favorite treat.
These may not be too appealing to the human guests but the dogs love them! You can store any leftovers in a freezer bag for up to a month. Remove and thaw before giving to dog.
If you weren’t aware, my family and I have a lovable and an oh so cute shih tzu named Jasper. We got him when he was 9 weeks old and he just turned one on January 24th! I can’t believe he is a year already. I can believe though how much we have fallen in love with him. He really is the sweetest and gentlest dog.
I never thought of myself as a “crazy dog lady” before. Well, that was before I started planning birthday photos and a small family birthday party for our Jasper. So, yeah, I guess I can now be considered a “crazy dog lady”. Oh well, I kind of like it.
Here are a few photos of his first birthday photo session that I took. He had no clue what I was doing but realized that treats were going to be involved so he put up with my shenanigans. Brace yourself for the cuteness overload that you are about to see!
What does someone who makes birthday chalkboards do when their puppy turns a year old? Make him one of course! Here he is with his very own birthday chalkboard. (If you are interested in one for your puppy or your own child then you can check out my birthday chalkboard designs in my shop Simply Dovie.)
Here he is with his most favorite toys, his brown bear and his stuffed marshmallows! We received the marshmallows in a Barkbox in December. He carries them around everywhere with him, even outside.
He even got his very own pupcake! Keep an eye out on the blog as I soon will be making a post with the recipe on how you can make your fur babies some pup cakes too!
He really liked his pupcakes, if he had fingers and could talk, I bet he would say they were finger licking good! I told you he was adorable and I hope you enjoyed Mr Jasper’s birthday photos!
You think you have tasted the best spinach artichoke dip? Think again, because this is the best spinach artichoke dip recipe around and it is so delicious! If you love spinach and artichokes with ooey gooey mozarella cheese then you’re going to love this too. My family sure does, including my kids which is great news because spinach and artichokes are so good for you.c
We enjoy eating it at family parties and as an appetizer special occasions. Also, it is a great game day food to snack on while watching your favorite football team. If you are ready to find out how easy it is to make this delicious goodness then keep on reading.
Ingredients: (Yields 6 Servings)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of juices
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit. Combine all ingredients and place into shallow baking dish. Bake dip for 15-20 minutes for 15-20 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted. Serve it with tortilla chips or bread. Then enjoy!
Look at that yummy goodness! If you try this recipe I would love to hear your feedback by leaving a comment.
Who doesn’t love fortune cookies? I don’t know if you know, but you can make your very own homemade fortune cookies! How exciting, right? You can make them for Valentine’s Day, weddings, birthday parties or just for fun. I made some for Valentine’s with cute little Valentine’s sayings. It does take a little practice when it comes to making them so don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t go as well the first time you try.
First you will start out with making your fortune cookie saying inserts. You can make these by handwriting your message on paper strips or you can download my free Valentine’s fortune cookie sayingshere. There are 9 sayings included and below is a list of the Valentine’s fortune cookie sayings. If you decide to write your own then you can cut strips to be about the size of 2¼” x 5/8″ or to the length and width you decide works best for you.
1. Happy Valentine’s Day
2. you = awesome
3. your’e sweeter than a cookie
4. life is sweeter with someone sweet like you
5. I am fortunate to have you as a friend
6. you’re friendship is worth a fortune
7. good fortune is smiling down on you
8. love, hugs & good fortune
9. the best is yet to come
To make these cookies, the recipe is pretty simple, it does take a little practice when it comes to forming the cookies without them cracking though.
Fortune Cookie Ingredients – Yields 6
1 egg white
1/8 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose bleached flour
1/4 cup white granulate sugar
2. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheet with either cooking spray or butter.
3. Put 1 egg white into a bowl along with 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract and 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix the egg white mixture until foamy/frothy.
4. Sift 1/4 cup of All-purpose bleached flour, 1/4 cup of white granulate sugar and a pinch of salt together.
5. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and blend together. Below is a picture of the foamy egg mixture with the flour mixture.
6. Place two 1 teaspoon of mixture into circles onto a greased cookie sheet at least 3-4″ apart. Use the back of a spoon and spread the circles to about 3″ circles. It is recommended to only do 2 or 3 at a time so you have time to fold them while they are still hot to prevent them from cracking.
7. Place cookie sheet in the oven and bake cookies for 7 minutes or until about 1/2″ edge of the cookie has turned a golden brown. The middle will still be pale.
8. Remove the cookie sheet from oven and use a spatula to remove the cookies from the sheet. Form the cookies quickly before they cool down by placing a fortune on top of the middle of the cookie, then fold the cookies together with the edges touching. Form the fortune cookie shape by folding the cookie on the rim of a glass with the edges facing outward from the rim.
9. Then place your fortune cookie in a muffin tin until completely cooled to keep it’s shape.
11. Store fortune cookies in an airtight container so they don’t become soft. If you give your fortune cookies away in a mini take out container then place your fortune cookie in a sealed bag or wrap in saran wrap.
1. Use thin cotton gloves to handle the hot cookies to not burn your fingertips because they are really HOT!
2. If the center of your cookies aren’t as crisp as you would like then place cookies, when they are still in the muffin tin, in a warm oven. Make sure the oven is off and it is only warm.
I hope you enjoy!
Until next time,
This post contains affiliate links, which means that I’ll receive a small commission if you make a purchase using the links.