My daughter and I had a great time turning these pre-made donuts into unicorns! They turned out super cute and they would go great with a unicorn themed party. Or they can be for any day because really… who doesn’t love unicorns? We put together a video tutorial showing you exactly how we made them. You can find that video below.
We turned these plain donuts from the grocery store.
From plain to fabulous! I really enjoyed spending time with my daughter and letting our creative juices flow. Nothing like a little mother, daughter time.
1 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
2 tbs whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extra
Place sifted powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir ingredients until smooth and creamy. If mixture is stiffer than wanted then you can add in more milk 1 tsp at a time and stir. If mixture is runnier than wanted then added a small amount of powdered sugar to mixture and stir.
Everyone loves unicorns and I bet you will love these unicorn cupcakes too! I’ve made a video tutorial on how to make unicorn cupcakes and they turned out so magical and beautiful! You will use your favorite cake recipe and buttercream recipe.
I enjoy doing many things and one of those things is photography! I recently did a Easter photo session for a friend of her kids and they turned out really adorable. Miss Sugar, who is my daughters super sweet and fluffy bunny joined in on the fun. The kids really enjoyed holding and petting her. Here are a few highlights from the day.
In my newest tutorial I show you how I decorated these cute Easter cupcakes! They are the cutest Easter cupcakes that I ever did see with a little bunny bottom and bird nests with the birds and eggs. You will use your favorite cake recipe or cake mix and bake your cupcakes and you can use your favorite frosting recipe too! Below is the frosting recipe that I used on these along with the link to watch the video on how I decorated them.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup all vegetable shortening
8 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 fluid ounces half & half
3 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
1. Cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
2. Add confectioner’s sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
3. Add salt, half & half and heavy whipping cream and mix on low speed until moistened.
4. Add additional heavy whipping cream if needed.
5. Beat on high speed until frosting is fluffy.
How adorable are these bird nest cookies? They would be perfect for Easter. They are so cute and they are easy enough (just a bit messy on the hands) to have your kids help with making them! Check out the recipe and video below.
Bird Nest Cookies
1 – 12 oz chocolate chips
1 – 10 oz peanut butter chips
1 – 12 oz chow mein noodles
Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs
Peeps Marshmallow Chicks
1. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter chips together. Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
2. Stir in chow mein noodles and mix together.
3. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
4. Drop mixture into greased muffin tins and mold into nest shapes. Large muffin tin used for Peeps Marshmallow Chicks and regular sized muffin tin used for smaller bird nests for the eggs.
5. Place in refrigerator for chocolate/peanut butter chips to set.
6. Remove from refrigerator and place mini eggs and Peeps marshmallow chicks on top.